Episode 3 | April 12, 2022
Living in the Slow Lane
Katie Leigh Jackson on taking a step back and slowing life down, especially when approaching burnout.
Welcome to “That’s a Hard No” – the podcast about saying no and setting boundaries so you can become the authentic and empowered you that this world needs.
Reminder: While Sarah is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, this podcast is in no way a replacement for one-on-one therapy with a mental health professional. If you are struggling with mental health issues, we welcome you on this journey, but also invite you to seek out professional help.
Looking for a therapist? Here’s a good place to start: psychologytoday.com
- Katie Leigh, along with our hosts, discuss healthy habits for when burnout takes over. We breakdown what to do when you’re starting over and how to slow life down.
- We take a dive into what burnout can look and feel like and where to start when trying rebuild.
- We talk about the importance of stepping back and reevaluating what is and isn’t good for your physical and mental health. Realizing what you need to thrive, whether this be better sleep, healthier eating, and/or setting firmer boundaries to protect your personal space.
- Some people aren’t sure what a true work/life balance looks like, especially in terms of running a business. There are still limitations you can make to organize time for the best lifestyle for you.
- A big part of this discussion details social media and it’s positive and negative effects on us. Katie Leigh has strict rules for herself in order to maintain her mental health. (See her detox below).
Where to Find Katie Leigh
Resources & Recommendations
- 30-Day Social Media Detox – Sign up for Katie Leigh’s social media detox plan for business owners (and others). We know how hard it is to take a step back, but this plan can help you reevaluate the capacity in which you digest social media.
- 13 Texts to Send to Someone Having a Bad Day – Sometimes knowing what to say when a friend or loved one is struggling feels impossible. Here are a few examples when you are at a loss for words.
- 10 Ways to Make Your Time Matter – Holding space for yourself while being everything to others can be a difficult balance, these specific tips can help you make the best of your time.
- If You Feel Anxious Right Now…– Simple steps to help you stay centered and feel in control when feeling anxious.
Credits and Thanks
- Many thanks to our friends and families (our “villagers”) for listening, and for your continued support.
- That’s a Hard No is a joint production of Clever Girl Marketing and Purposeful Growth & Wellness.
- Marketing and Production Coordinator, Maura Del Rosario.
- Production Support, Evergreen Podcasts, Noah Foutz, Producer.
- Music: “Whiskey for Lunch” by GG Rigs.