Welcome to “That’s a Hard No” – the podcast about saying no (in all its forms) so you can become the authentic and empowered person that this world needs.
Quick disclosure: While Sarah is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, this podcast is in no way a replacement for one-on-one therapy with a mental health professional. If you are struggling with mental health issues, we welcome you on this journey, but also invite you to seek out professional help.
Looking for a therapist? Here’s a good place to start: psychologytoday.com
- More often than not, we look at the word “hard” with a negative conation – when hard is actually a positive thing that we need for growth.
- Look at the name of our podcast– That’s a Hard No – “HARD” yes, it’s hard to say no and set boundaries, but the empowerment we feel when we do allows that hard thing to serve a purpose.
- Society has tricked our brains into the idea of always expecting instant gratification. We are so conditioned to things happening instantly – with a click of a button we can get practically anything we want. And while many of these things are sometimes necessary, especially right now living in a global pandemic, all of this convenience has skewed our perception of delayed gratification.
- The problem we’re faced with then, is that when we’re constantly choosing the easy path, we’re not being intentional and purposeful about what will challenge us and help us grow.
- So we challenge you to think about your “why” and what you need to do to serve that why. Some of those things will be hard. But knowing they serve a purpose will allow you to more easily CHOOSE to do them, instead taking the path of least resistance and getting stuck in unhealthy patterns that don’t serve your why.
- When faced with something hard, say to yourself… “(blank) is hard, but (blank) is even harder, because it doesn’t serve (your why).”
Credits and Thanks
- Special thanks to Reanna Karousis of Collective Reach and the Social Distance Happy Hour, who inspired and challenged us to start this podcast and helped us produce our first episode.
- Thanks also to our families and friends for all their encouragement and support, and to you, our listeners, for joining us on this adventure.
- That’s a Hard No is a joint production of Clever Girl Marketing and Purposeful Growth & Wellness.
- Logo design by Angela Giaco of A Pink Sunset. You can find her at apinksunset.com.
- Music: “Whiskey for Lunch” by GG Rigs. (Don’t judge us, you guys. We just like the song.)