Episode 09 | February 2, 2021
In this episode, we talk with Raquel Kelley and Kristen Schneider, of the MOMGUL podcast, about putting ourselves first in order to live our best lives.
Welcome to “That’s a Hard No” – the podcast about saying no (in all its forms) so you can become the authentic and empowered person that this world needs.
Quick disclosure: While Sarah is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, this podcast is in no way a replacement for one-on-one therapy with a mental health professional. If you are struggling with mental health issues, we welcome you on this journey, but also invite you to seek out professional help.
Looking for a therapist? Here’s a good place to start: psychologytoday.com
Introducing the MOMGULs!
We’re so excited to introduce you to Raquel Kelley and Kristen Schneider, the co-hosts of MOMGUL, a 15-minute podcast designed specifically for moms. On their podcast, they chat with leading experts to provide busy moms with physical, emotional, and financial health tips in short, “snackable” segments. As they say at the beginning of each episode, it’s a podcast “designed for when you’re in the car, shower, or on the can.”
Raquel and Kristen met as Producers at E! Entertainment and are now both moms. They candidly share that having kids has made the chaos of the TV industry look like a cakewalk.
For over a decade, Raquel was a producer for E! Entertainment on shows such as Live! From the Red Carpet, Sports Soup, and Fashion Police. She was also Kim Kardashian’s assistant on The Oscars’ red carpet. She now lives in Ohio with her husband and 2 adorable girls. In addition to being a wife and mom, she is the Director of Communications at Makeway – which is a web development and digital agency in Columbus and New York. She is also a writer. Fun fact: “Chunk” from The Goonies is her lawyer.
Kristen is a midwest mom of 2 wild boys that keep her on her toes! She’s been in Columbus for 11 years, working in Marketing AND in December took a much-needed strategic sabbatical to invest more time in herself, and focus on her boys and her passion for MOMGUL. Fun facts: she has worked for Topanga from Boy Meets World and John Mayer introduced her to her husband!
Listen in as we talk about their early careers working for E! Entertainment, how and why they chose to move back to Ohio, and how MOMGUL came to be… along with a ton of other mom-related topics (including boundaries!).
Where to find Raquel & Kristen
- Podcast: MOMGUL is on Apple podcasts (and everywhere else you listen to podcasts)
- Website: momgul.com
- Instagram: @momgul
- Facebook: @momgulofficial
- LinkedIn: @momgul
Credits and Thanks
- Special thanks to Reanna Karousis of Collective Reach and the Social Distance Happy Hour, who inspired and challenged us to start this podcast and helped us produce our first episode.
- Thanks also to our families and friends for all their encouragement and support, and to you, our listeners, for joining us on this adventure.
- That’s a Hard No is a joint production of Clever Girl Marketing and Purposeful Growth & Wellness.
- Logo design by Angela Giaco of A Pink Sunset. You can find her at apinksunset.com.
- Music: “Whiskey for Lunch” by GG Rigs. (Don’t judge us, you guys. We just like the song.)